Valentines Day is fast approaching and this year we might actually be celebrating it, maybe with a nice meal (obviously at home, we’ve got a toddler c’mon) but even so, I can’t wait to have my ‘once a year’ candle lit dinner. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that this is my 4th Valentines with Rob and whilst neither of us are the ‘lovey dovey’ type, it’s nice to make an effort now and again or at least I think so anyway. I’m never sure on what to get Rob, men are quite hard to buy for on valentines day whereas the women are happy with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates.
A few things that I had in mind ‘for him’ were:
- Encona’s Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce – How funny will it be seeing their faces when they get a taste of this?! Can your partner handle the heat? We’ll see, for just £1 in Tesco, it’s totally worth the challenge.
- Hallmark Itty Bittys – These are cute, and if you venture into the Marvel Range you’ll find some that he will love, trust me. Rob’s a big Marvel fan and there’s also DC characters on there too.
- Skateboard – Buy your other half a skateboard and tell me they don’t fall in love with it? If you’ve got a ‘big kid’ of a partner like mine, they will enjoy messing around on it whilst attempting to look cool.
- Smart Jumper – Your man is going to need a smart jumper or outfit for your date night, right?
- Funny Cards – Grab him a funny card, like I said.. the ‘lovey dovey’ cards aren’t really our thing. I mean don’t get me wrong, we love each other but we also love winding each other up so a funny card would go down well.
A few things that I had in mind ‘for her’ were:
- Personalised Star Map – I love the idea of these prints, you put in the date and time of your first date or memorable day together and it aligns the stars for you. I think it makes a lovely gift and looks great on the wall.
- Mummy Loves Organics – A stress relieving candle is just what the doctor ordered especially if you have children.
- Skates – If you’re anything like us, you love messing around and love a risk. Why not ask your other half for some roller skates? Try them out whilst he makes a fool of himself on the Skateboard above.
- Bakerdays – A personalised cake, made to order and delivered right to your door. What better way to make your partners day? Especially if they love cake as much as us.
- Flowers – You really can’t go wrong with flowers, for a lot of us its a once a year occurrence so why not send them in the right direction and ask for a decent bunch of flowers delivered right to your door.
- Pinkster Let Love Gin – Last but not least, a bottle of Gin. What more can I say? Enjoy..